The International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) plans to again recognize five individuals who have contributed in a substantive way over time to significant advances in CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. This would normally have occurred in 2020 but has been delayed until this year due to the pandemic.
Nominations are now being sought worldwide for individuals who have made significant medical, scientific, program, education, and dissemination contributions to resuscitation consistent with the criteria below. We encourage nomination of candidates from diverse backgrounds (e.g. gender, race, ethnicity, council affiliation, geography, discipline). Posthumous nominations will also be considered.
Please submit a 1-page letter in support of the nominees to email@example.com by 15 April 2021. Your letter should address the following criteria:
1. Ongoing commitment and contribution to CPR and ECC over time.
2. Substantial contribution to ECC programs and materials.
3. Authorship of articles, books, and education materials related to CPR and ECC.
4. Landmark contribution to the science of CPR and ECC.
5. Development of new and innovative technology.
6. Positive influence on the goals of ECC programs.
7. Has served as a role model to others in the field.
8. Has promoted diversity in leadership of CPR and ECC programs or scientific endeavors (e.g. gender, race, ethnicity, council affiliation, geography, discipline)
Past honorees include:
1985: Safar, Gordon, Elam, Jude, Knickerbocker
1992: Carveth, Zoll, Pantridge, Redding, Cobb
2000: Chamberlain, Chameides, Eisenberg, Ewy, Kerber, Laerdal Foundations for Acute Medicine, Montgomery, Ornato, Scherlis, Weil
2005: Baskett, Cummins, Keenan, Steen, Weisfeldt
2010: Becker, Berg, Bossaert, Hazinski, Zideman
2015: Aufderheide. Nolan, Nadkarni, Kern, White
ILCOR “Giant” award honors will be announced this fall during the virtual ILCOR Annual Conference. The individuals selected as 2021 ‘ILCOR Honorees for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care’ will attend as guests of the Conference in 2022 and will be recognized at a dinner to be held in their honor.
If you have any questions, please contact Bill Montgomery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks very much for participating in this important process.
Vinay Nadkarni, MD
Jerry Nolan, MD
ILCOR Honorees (“Giants”) Committee Chairpersons